Monday, June 7, 2010

I've gone nuts

I don't know what's gotten into me. I think I've gone mad.

First, Rob built a box

then, we filled it with dirt and I planted stuff
It doesn't look like much now, but I planted two pepper plants, 6 pole bean plants, one zuchini, one cucumber, carrot, scallion and lettuce seeds. I don't have high hopes for the lettuce, I'm told its too late, but I'm going for it because, for reasons I can't fathom, I am suddenly very excited to grow things I can eat. We irrigated the whole back yard, too. I've been suspiciously productive lately. Its a little alarming. We cleaned out our garage and under our house last weekend. I don't know where all this is coming from, but I'm going with it.

And remember this?

It now looks like this!
after only 42 days!


You wanna know what else? As of Friday, we don't have cable TV anymore. No more TV for us. So last night, when I was dead tired and my feet hurt, my impulse was to fall on the couch and vedge in front of the TV, and when I remembered that I couldn't, I felt... relieved. Isn't that odd? We sat outside on our beautiful deck, I submerged my achin' feet in hot water, drank a glass of wine, ate some cake, and perused my new gardening book. Huh... Things are getting weirder and weirder all the time...

1 comment:

Denise said...

But it's a good kind of nuts! I'm really liking the foot bath and wine on the deck!